Acer Aspire R13 Active Pen Issues

Options
silverknight921
silverknight921 Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought my Acer Aspire R13 and I am having some problems with my Active Pen. I ordered my pen two weeks ago, and at first it worked great. However after a short period of time I found that it started skipping until I took out the battery. The pen would again start skipping and stuttering a very short while later.

I thought the problem was with that particular pen, so I contacted the Acer Store and they sent me another. Unfortunately this new one also has the same problems.

Is anyone else suffering from the same issue? What did you do to resolve it?

As an aside my R13 is also suffering from the double-character keyboard issue, and the display ghosting problem.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Is this an N-trig? There is a driver here at N-trig: http://www.n-trig.com/downloads-drivers/

Under Acer for a R7-572. Your's is an R7. I don't know if it will help, but It might be worth a try.

• silverknight921
    silverknight921 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It's actually not N-Trig, but Synaptics. (R7-371T)

• glensmith21
    glensmith21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue with the active stylus.  I have had three now in three months and the problem has happened with each of them.  After experimenting with a pack of batteries, it looks like the batteries are just dying extremely quickly.   Is this a problem with all of the pens or have I gotten three bad ones (which seems unlikely)? 

It must be a common issue if they are sending out free replacement pens.  I like the computer very much but this active stylus is killing me.  I'm going to take the battery out when not in use and see how long it lasts.