Bios Update Procedure

Options
VegasSteve
VegasSteve Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

At the recommendation of someone on these boards, I downloaded the latest bios for my Switch 10.  The only thing on the d/l page is the bios itself and a warning that it can screw up your computer.  Given this, one would think there would be detailed instructions, but no.

So I did the Acer chat and made contact with Apu from the Quickee Mart (at least I think that was his name).  I should have asked for a slurpee, because he was no help at all.  He said to 'just' run the setup file in the bios (which is actually an .exe file).

Can anyone point me to detailed instructions on how to do the bios update?  If I brick this thing, I'm still within the return period, but I'd rather avoid that.  Thanks.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

unzip the file.

connect the Switch10 to the AC charger and run the P0JAC_BIOS_V1.06_A4.exe from /BIOS/Win folder.

nothing else, wait until it end the process without touching keyboard, touchpad or other buttons.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

unzip the file.

connect the Switch10 to the AC charger and run the P0JAC_BIOS_V1.06_A4.exe from /BIOS/Win folder.

nothing else, wait until it end the process without touching keyboard, touchpad or other buttons.

• VegasSteve
    VegasSteve Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Thanks so much for the assist!  Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy