Aspire E 15 touchpad issues

Options
authinsi
authinsi Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Lately I have been having problems with the touchpad this week, started with freezing sometimes, which I typed in google to see another have this problem and to switch setting of touchpad to no delays, which worked as freezing hasn't happened at all anymore at the moment....and later in week, having some difficulty when typing when I click to type in a certain place but then the blinker moves elsewhere, problems with copying and pasting sometimes, as when I copy to highlight upwards, the page did not come up immediately when I slowly moved the mouse up as you do, but when it finally went up, it highlighted the entire document. Doesn't happen all the time, but does do, if anyone can suggest anything. Many thanks!!

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I think your laptop model is E1-5xx(x).

Could you look at the label sticked on the lower cover and note the exact model?

France
  • authinsi
    Options

Exact model: E5-511-P0BM

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you installed the last driver (2014/10/27)?

France
  • authinsi
    Options

No I haven't, but assume the drivers in question are the two touchpad relating ones which I have downloaded, in a zip folder, is it unzip then click the application one, or?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

First go to the Device Manager ---> Expand Mice and other pointing devices ---> Double click on the touchpad device ---> See if it's an Elantech or Synaptics ---> Install the corresponding driver like this:

- Unzip the folder

- Execute Setup.exe

France
  • authinsi
    Options

I have went into Device Manager to check which driver would be relevant to make sure up to date, but upon expanding the 'Mice and other pointing devices', a touchpad option is not there, only 'HID-compliant mouse', which I double-clicked and checked for extra measure. Not sure where it would say Elantech or Synaptics, but upon checking the Details/Driver instance path, has HID\SYN(with more digits following) if that is relevant? though prefer not to assume without being sure, or whether I should look elsewhere.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

In Device Manager ---> Other devices

If you find it, double click and go to the details tab.

Copy and paste on your reply the contents of the Value.

France
  • authinsi
    Options

http://oi60.tinypic.com/mj7reb.jpg - screenshot - as don't have a 'Other Devices' option

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Check like this:

Select Start --> Control Panel --> Mouse icon to open the Mouse Properties --> Select the last tab 

France