upgrade acer m3100 processor(moth. acer f690gvm)

Options
2»

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

"Sorry.... I don't think it is a Foxconn, It is a phoenix, with phoenix BIOS.. Sometimes ago, i post this problem also in toms hardware (do You know it? ), and also They said me it was a Foxconn, but, in Foxconn site, there aren't My motherboard, only similari motherboard..":
    It's a Foxconn motherboard specific to Acer. For example, my previous destop had a MSI but I didn't find it on the MSI site. That's normal that's an Acer product. Phoenix is an bios editor and it doesn't made motherboard.

"I have Another question: in acer web site, there are some driver upgrade, some are quite recent, but They are for xp and vista, Can i download driver for Windows vista, and install it, in Windows 7?":

Aspire M3100 was sold with Windows XP/Vista. Windows 7 was installed by you or by the previous owner. Certains Vista drivers are compatibles with Windows 7. Download one by one and read the file "readme.txt". Otherwise, you'll also find the drivers on the sites of manufacturers.

"However, if phenom quad Core 9500 isn't support, i think My motherboard support all dual core Processor AMD athlon x64 dual to 6400 + isn't it":

Your motherboard support the AMD Penom X4 9500 (100% sure).

France
  • apvaronen
    apvaronen Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi,

I am planning to follow these steps to upgrade my M5100 with AMD Phenom X4 9500. I have also f690gvm motherboard.

The difference with original poster is that I have Windows 10 installed.

OK?