Error messages and no start up

Options
Pinkwoody
Pinkwoody Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi guys, I've successfully been using Win 8.1pro for the past week. I've just been working on my Acer Aspire 5542 laptop browsing Google and Facebook when it stopped working. On switching on, I keep getting a message { "PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR" after about 10 seconds a blue screen flashes in 1 second that says "): your PC ran into problems and needs to restart. We are just collecting error info and we'll restart for you."} and computer proceeds to restart and keeps looping the same process indefinitely. It's been like this since yesterday..

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Pinkwoody,

Do you have any external storage media connected? If not, try booting the system into safe mode. Another option would be to try reinstalling your Windows operating system.

• Pinkwoody
    Options
    No external connections and can access set up by pressing F2 but can't do anything else once in there, I can also access F12 which is set up extra but again can't do anything else.. Not sure which is safe mode as nothing else works. My operating system was already installed :-(
  • lemontablet
    lemontablet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I just received my brand new Acer Aspire Switch 10 today and am already having an issue.  While going through the set-up process, I input my microsoft account email as instructed, and it had some connection issue.  It went through an automatic repair cycle and never came out.  I called the support staff, who took me through the Alt+F2 and Alt+F10 options, neither of which worked.  Whenever I turn off the system and turn it back on, it returns to the "Automatic Repair" screen, with the options "Restart" and "Advanced Options."  The problem is that neither the mouse nor the keyboard work on this screen, so I cannot select either option.  

It is beyond frustrating that the Aspire has problems right out of the box.  What a lemon!  Now I have to send it back to be fixed.  Judging by all the issues others in this forum have had, I have serious doubts that it can be fixed.  I'm so disappointed with this machine.  

• Pinkwoody
    Options
    I had my first acer 4 years with no problem till windows 8.1
  • lemontablet
    lemontablet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

You think it's an issue with the OS and not the hardware, then?  It seems like a lot of people are having issues with the buttons on the Aspire Switch 10, though.  

• Pinkwoody
    Options
    I believe it is an OS problem and hope to run a windows programme on mine via disc.. This will or should enable me to at least get into the repair programme..
This discussion has been closed.