v5-573g left USB port not recognizing any devices

Options
bizkit45
bizkit45 Member Posts: 15 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hy. my left usb port i not working. it is charging, but not recognizing any devices. tryed with mouse, usb flash disk, external hdd...all numb. but the power is there. i can see light on external hdd if pluged in. any suggestions? tnx

Best Answer

• David64
    David64 Member Posts: 23

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

well, guess you have to contact tech support now. sorry mate.

Answers

• David64

Tinkerer

Options

contact tech support? seems to me like its broken after all.

• bizkit45
    Options

ok, not yet Smiley Happy i have found some workaround. if i unplug laptop from mains and if remove battery (reset via little hole on the bottom of laptop) then at first boot when i com in windows all devices are cognized. mices, keyboards a whole lot of external discs..but after i reboot (with or without any devices in that usb) then i get nothing. again only power is present at that USB but no devices are recognized. i think it is BIOS issue. i have it upgraded at 2.28. and now i have reflashed it, just out of curiosity and the problem still persists. any suggestions? tnx

• David64

Tinkerer

Options

sounds more like a windows/driver issue to me. run linux from a usb stick and see if you have the same issue there.

• bizkit45
    Options

hello again. installed ubuntu, the faulty still remains Smiley Sad same thing with battery, if i disconnect it and reset it, than it works untill first reboot.

• David64

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

well, guess you have to contact tech support now. sorry mate.

• bizkit45
    Options

they have replaced mama board