The SOP of LSI Logic MegaRAID Firmware/BIOS upgrade for RAID storage adaptors <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Required equipment for Flash station:
(Configure system to boot from the floppy drive)
1) Mother board with video card, CPU and memory
2) 3.5" floppy drive*
5) Power supply
*Note: DO NOT USE AN <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />IDE DRIVE IN SYSTEM!
1) Insert the proper flash disk into the floppy drive.
2) Remove the board to be flashed from the ESD bag and insert the board into any open PCI slot.
3) Turn on the system power, the flash utility will automatically start.
4) When prompted, answer yes to both questions asked.
5) The flash utility will display when the flash has been completed and instruct the user to reboot.
6) When the system Reboots, verify the BIOS / FW versions are correct.
7) Press Control-M to enter the configuration utility when prompted by the system
8) Under the Management Menu select Configure then select Clear Configuration
9) Under the Management Menu select Object then select Adapter then select Factory Defaults
10) Turn off the system power, remove the board from the PCI slot and return to ESD bag.
11) Repeat steps 2 through 10 for all boards that need to be flashed.