W4 bluetooth mouse lag

Options
robw3
robw3 Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter

Since sometime around the start of the month I'm getting brutal lag with a bluetooth mouse (tried 2 different ones).  It's bad enough that it makes the mouse unusable because you can never hit an icon.  Bluetooth keyboard seems to be working fine.  Seems to happen most of the time (not just if I have a heavy CPU load).  Any suggestions?

Answers

• aleunge
    aleunge Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    Options

I feel like the W4 has issues with WiFi and BT cross signal pollution.  For me, the BT keyboard has a load of issues (laggy and stuck keys) moreso when there's a lot of WiFi transmission (uploading/downloading large files).  You might want to try turning off WiFi to see if the issue persists.  Report back Rob?

• robw3
    Options

For sure from my experience there is a wifi/BT interaction somehow.  No BT issues when WIFI is off, but severe lag when trying to use BT with WIFI on.

• strat0rr
    strat0rr Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

update drivers for wifi & bt from lenovo tablet 8 drivers support page

• robw3
    Options

As an added comment to yesterdays comment: I can use a wireless mouse with a dongle via adapter throught the micro usb and it works perfectly even with Wifi on.  BT works OK with no wifi on, but sucks when Wifi is turned on.

Haven't tried the Lenovo option yet for this.

• aleunge
    Options

Ok peeps.  I think I've found a work around for the BT and WiFi interference issue.  As suggested by other members, you can of course download other OEM's drivers since they're probably newer and we all run on similar hardware.  But if you're waiting on Acer to update the driver package (they released a lot of updates for the W3 when I was using it) and just want a temporary fix, here it is:

- right click on the wifi signal bar icon in your notification bar (bottom right)

- select "open network and sharing center"

- in the control panel windo, click "change adapter settings" on the left hand side

- right click on the Wi-Fi broadcom 802.11... icon and select "properties"

- click "configure" button > "Advanced" tab

- select "Bluetooth Collaboration" and change the value from "auto" to "disable"

- click "ok" and then wait for it to reconnect to whatever network you were on

I've been testing by streaming video while trying to type with the Acer bluetooth keyboard and the lag and stuck key seem to be gone.  Let us all know what you find?

P.s. did a quick Bing and found that BT collaboration is supposed to reduce interference between it and WiFi, which use similar frequency... so much for that.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, someone was a little unclear on the definition of 'reduce' I guess. :-) Good catch!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robw3
    Options

That tip I found in my searching and it didn't help me at all with my BT mouse.  Strange how these things work, because I've never had an issue with my BT keyboard, just my mouse.

• aleunge
    Options
    Is it the acer bt keyboard specifically for the w3/w4? Mine with the issues is. (no real problem with the generic Bt mouse though)

or try those Lenovo drivers someone posted?
  • robw3
    Options

Actually a Blackberry keyboard and both a Microsoft and a Logitech mouse.

Will likely get around to trying the Lenovo drivers at some point (did that when they screwed up the video driver for a while (maybe that was in the W3).

• aleunge
    Options
    Man, Acer really has to figure out all of the Bt issues then. Looks like a mix bag when it comes to Bt devices.

If anything like the W3 and that video driver issue (I remember!), Acer should have a fix sometime in the near future... Hopefully.
This discussion has been closed.