aspire v17 nitro internet problem

Options
ExCaXaRaO
ExCaXaRaO Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I've already sent my laptop to acer centers 3 times for several problems with wifi, HDD, main board... last time it was 1 month under repair and they still didn't fix the wifi problem. In fact I don't really know what they did but now it works even worse. LAN works perfect but wifi is horrible! big delays, lots of disconnections with no reason, it does not even reach 30% the bandwitdh that any other laptop get.... this is annoying.

I contacted acer again and they told me to send again my laptop to acer repair centers. Do they really think that I bought my laptop to have it at reparation centers 10% of its lifetime!?

Will never buy acer again, not me nor anyone in my family nor friends who know about all problems that I've had with this laptop and about your innefective repair team.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Qualcomm internet chips are awful. I'm not sure what your laptop has, but if it's Qualcomm, there isn't anything Acer can do about it.
  • ExCaXaRaO
    Options

it's an intel dual band 726, and it worked with no problem first 5 months more or less but all of a sudden.... laggs and disconnections permamently.
    repair team said that the problem was a simple cable which was not connected but the fact is that now it's even worse!

I had an atheros at first btw, but that kind of atheros was defective and they replaced it for this intel. 

What can I do? I've even tryed to use a network adapter that I used on my old computer but I have exactly the same problem, same laggs and disconnection and what's more weird I always have highet upload than download bandwidth. could it be a problem with main board? cause i've tried updating everything and also replacing drivers for old one but this repar acer team just s....

• PMiner
    Options
    if you've already replaced the driver, then it definitely sounds like a hardware problem.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Try taking your computer to a different location (different wireless network) such as friend, relative, co-worker, neighbor's house.  Or you could take it to a coffee shop or someplace with free wifi like McDonalds.  Test to see how the Wifi works there.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32747

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ExCaXaRaO
    Options

I tried at home with 4 different wifi routers, which is similar to what you're asking me to do. the result is the same with every one, disconnections and big changes in ping constantly. 

If I had not tried yet by lan I would definetely say that's a problem with my internet provider, but connecion is perfect by lan and other computers at home have 45-55 perma ping with their wifi adapters using any of my wifi routers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

That's not what I asked you to do.  Re-read my post.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ExCaXaRaO
    Options

ok I re-read your post.... you talk about different locations ( different wireless network) and i atlk about different wifi routers (different wireless network) in the end it's exactly the same

• Autonomity
    Autonomity Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have this exact same problem with my V17.  

The 7265AC by Intel is acting up, sometimes it even manages to freeze up my entire laptop. While using an external USB wireless adapter it functions normally.  

The 7265 stays connected for like 20 minutes, after which the driver "deletes" itself and the laptop practically becomes unuseable until reboot. Rebooting the laptop only causes this loop to start all over again.  

Also, I've re-installed Windows10 and tried numerous other workarounds. Using the Intel Driver utility etc. It hasn't gained me anything. Internet just remains horrible on this adapter.

• PMiner
    Options
    if you have a dual band router, try changing one of the bands to 5g and one to 2g.
  • brummyfan2
    Options

You could also try switching the DNS to Open dns or google dns, try different drivers from here:http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2314&lang=en

Or

You could delete the Wi-Fi and create a new Wi-Fi network it in Network and sharing centre, if you are not using BT, disble it in Network and sharing centre.