Acer v3-372 Wi-Fi button not working

Options
PandaFromUganda
PandaFromUganda Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey, I have a small issue that bothers me - my Wi-Fi enable/disable button does not work. I bought the machine without OS installed, so I did it myself (installed W10) and the drivers. I was not sure which wifi and bluetooth modules are installed in mine, so an Acer employee told me that I should install HAI version, so I installed:

- Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344A HAI)

- Realtek LAN Driver

Shall I also install Intel Wireless LAN Driver? Same goes for bluetooth, shall I install Intel Bluetooth Driver besides the Atheros Bluetooth Driver (NFA344A HAI)?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Also, I wanted to try out Quick Access Application, but after installation it simply doesn't launch. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

The quick access application is installed for windows 10? Or you have the windows 8.1 software?

On your back of the notebook you have the type of wireless module written. Check what module you have and download the appropriate drivers from the drivers page.

From the same page you should download quick access for windows 10.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• PandaFromUganda

Tinkerer

Options

Quick Access was installed on windows 10. I tried again uninstalling it with deleting all registry keys manually, reinstalled and it works now Smiley Wink

When it comes to my previous question, all the drivers are listed on the site with drivers even if I find my pc by SN number. I have right drivers installed, my question is whether intel bluetooth/wi-fi drivers are required in order to make wi-fi enble/disable button (the one triggered by fn) work?

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

The key combination does not need any special driver, like for example the intel wireless one, to work. If you have the atheros card, and the wifi/bluetooth is working then it's fine.

Even if you change the wifi card, the key combination will still need to work. This is why I tell you that you don't need any special drivers for the key combination to work.

In windows 10 the wireless key combination should turn on the airplane mode, thus disabling all radio communications.

If you want to selectively turn off just bluetooth, for example, you need to go in settings --->devices--->bluetooth.

• PandaFromUganda

Tinkerer

Options

Sorry for not responding for such a long time, but I've been away. My problem is that this button is simply not disabling anything nor it is turning airplane mode. Any idea what might be the reason?