My S7-392 will not turn on, orange led blinks 5 times, stops

Options
skr
skr Member Posts: 3 New User

One morning, my aspire S7-392-6807 would not turn on. Pressing the power button resulted in 5 flashes of orange LEDs, then stopped. I did the tighten screw in back suggestion, tested my AC adapter with a multimeter (it tests fine), but no luck. For one brief moment I got a blue led and the windows 10 screen but then quit immediately and went back to black screen...I did see the battery indicator at the time as close to 0% charged, but that should have no effect when plugged into the wall even if battery is dead , right ? Any suggestion on what to do next appreciated. Calls to ACER support have been useless...asking me to take it the Office Depot ! :-(

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you able to open the BIOS menu ?

• skr
    Options

No, I don't even get a display

• skr
    Options

Update - Found the problem.  I took the S7-392 to GeekSquad in BestBuy, and the tech determined the cause was due to the charge port being damaged.  By pushing in the AC adapter pin at a wierd angle, the machine did come on, and charging resumed However any slight movement and the connection goes away. (I am now holding it in at the wierd angle just to charge the battery, which had completely drained).

GeekSquad can't repair it, and I am  out of warranty. Anyone have experience or ideas on how to fix/replace the charge port, or who might be able to do such repair. ? Thanks in advance