XR341CK Refresh rate number and how to turn it off for good

gqtrebor
gqtrebor Member Posts: 4 New User

How do i turn this off for good? everytime my monitor come on, or does something. the annoyance is back in the corner for me.  Any help would be appriciated.

Best Answer

• guystreeter
    guystreeter Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

Here's what I discovered on my own, while Acer's useless online support was telling me to return my monitor for service because my OSD didn't match his "similar" monitor:

If you are using Game Mode presets, you have to explicitly save the settings. The useless manual says this, but it doesn't say how. On the same settings page as the refresh rate display setting is an entry called Game Mode. If you select that and enter it, you get a screen with options to save the settings for each of the Game Mode presets individually. I did this, and the refresh rate no longer comes back on.

Answers

• guystreeter

I also would like an answer for this. It's very annoying to have the refresh rate number display come back on all the time.

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User

in the settings, scroll down to the 3rd page. you should see an option for refresh rate num. make sure it is off. this is how you turn it off in the x34. the xr341ck menu might be different but i would think you should find the setting on one of the setting pages.

• gqtrebor

Thats my problem, i have done that many times, any time the Monitor switches or I change a game, it turns back on automatically.

• dpeagle
    dpeagle Member Posts: 25 New User

when the refresh rate display comes back, do any of your other custom settings (brightness, color, etc) change back to default? also, in your device manager / monitors, do you see your acer model or generic pnp?

• gqtrebor

Everything stays the same except the refresh rate, i have the acer driver installed as well.

• guystreeter
    Answer ✓

Here's what I discovered on my own, while Acer's useless online support was telling me to return my monitor for service because my OSD didn't match his "similar" monitor:

If you are using Game Mode presets, you have to explicitly save the settings. The useless manual says this, but it doesn't say how. On the same settings page as the refresh rate display setting is an entry called Game Mode. If you select that and enter it, you get a screen with options to save the settings for each of the Game Mode presets individually. I did this, and the refresh rate no longer comes back on.

• gqtrebor

Thanks!!! This was driving me nuts!