XB271HU Burn In Mode and ADC?

Options
fightinfilipino
fightinfilipino Member Posts: 1 New User

So I wanted to check with others here on what I think is a problem with calibration tools and the Acer XB1 line (xb270hu and xb271hu).

I just picked up the xb271hu to replace an Asus PA246q that's served me pretty well. I went to calibrate the monitor using a Colormunki Display and X-Rite's matching software.

The Calibration goes well and everything seems ok. However, after I reboot my machine, the monitor goes into a burn-in mode and flashes RGB when it is off or not receiving a signal. The monitor also seems to forget all of the settings I've put in (brightness, contrast, etc.)

This seems to be the same problem as noted in this thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/XB270HU-loses-settings-after-powered-off/m-p/360346/highlight/true#M391

Can anyone else confirm if they are seeing this problem on the xb271hu? If so, is there a way to use ADC without this happening? This is massively disappointing on a modern LCD monitor. Seriously thinking about returning this thing and waiting for Viewsonic to release their effort.