No windows 10 driver for xb271hu monitor?

Options
Nekoda
Nekoda Member Posts: 4 New User

When I look at the display adapter it says 59 hz i change it to 60hz and it jumps back to 59hz.
Also says that the screen is generic pnp monitor. whilst in the nvidia experience it says the proper name of the monitor.

the reason I need 60hz is because some fighting games don't have framelock at 60fps so on 144hz the game goes into hyper mode.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

i will check on my XB but i'm quite sure it's only PnP monitor, just to add, windows 10 monitor drivers (as also Intel Chipset) are just labels string to have the correct name on Device manager, they don't add anything else.

why don't you try to test your monitor on your brother system?

one thing, on nVidia control panel which kind of frequency settings range do you have?

what's your nvidia graphic card model?

Are you using the Acer DP cable?

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

modern display doesn't need drivers on windows 10.

one thing to try is to update your video drivers, cleaning old drivers installation first.

by the way 59Hz is more 59.94Hz so it's 60Hz

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5148145&postcount=14

• Nekoda
    Options

I tried to uninstall drivers, and then replug the screen, Just got generic pnp monitor again.

• IronFly
    Options

it's correct; Smiley Happy

• Nekoda
    Options

Just feel it's wierd that my brother has the xb270hu and he get's the the name of his monitor and is able to run 60hz, this is also really inconviniant when it comes to the nvidia control panel, considering I'm not allowed to change anything in there because windows doesn't recognize it^^

Thanks though Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

i will check on my XB but i'm quite sure it's only PnP monitor, just to add, windows 10 monitor drivers (as also Intel Chipset) are just labels string to have the correct name on Device manager, they don't add anything else.

why don't you try to test your monitor on your brother system?

one thing, on nVidia control panel which kind of frequency settings range do you have?

what's your nvidia graphic card model?

Are you using the Acer DP cable?

• Nekoda
    Options

Ok now I went into control panel and saw that that is says xb271hu^^, so then it's just the hz that annoys me abit with screen tearing on Killer instinct(Just have to wait for a fix from them)

I didn't find anything on Frequency settings range
    My card is Asus GeForce ROG Matrix GTX 980 4GB
    And yes I am using the Acer DP cable.

• IronFly
    Options

on Device manager it's Generic PnP.

XB 144Hz