Predator G9-791 giving BSOD while updating Intel Chipset

ToddMR
ToddMR Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

So far I am loving my new laptop I got last week. I have ran into an interesting issue though where if I try to update the Intel Chipset drivers from Acer's site or through the Intel Driver Update utility, it gets about 1/2 way through the installation and then throws a blue screeen with IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL to and reboots. I have the most up to date BIOS on my system and all the Windows updates as well. I thought about maybe reinstalling Windows 10, but don't want to have to reinstall everything already if I can avoid that. I tried playing Forza Horizon 3 today and get part way through the inital driving and then when it goes to switch to the off road truck, it pauses and kicks me out of the game with no errors. When I start it, I get a warning of:

"Minimum system requirements for Forza Horizon 3 not met." Unsupported graphics driver. Found 21.21.13.6909, expected 21.21.13.7821 or newer (Code: FH301).  

I am really perplexed on that one. I am going to search what display driver they are referring to because neither the 980M or Intel HD 530 drivers are near that version. I am more concerned of course with the blue screen error when trying to update the chipset driver. I am using ESET anti-virus, but I even disabled that with no change. I can't use Safe Mode to install the chipset update either. Thanks for any help or suggestions. If you need additional information, please let me know that as well.

Best Answer

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    I agree to IronFly that it is not really necessary to update the chipset driver if you do not encounter any problems. I it helps, i had the same error. Smiley Happy I did a fresh install with the current one, so it works fine. Due to me recherche to this error, it's almost because of problems with the IRQ of Killer Network. So if you disable first both, the wlan and ethernet driver in device manager, it might be possible to update the chipset driver.

Answers

• ToddMR

Tinkerer

Actually just fixed my Forza Horizon 3 issue. I knew I shouldn't have left it to the GeForce Experience program. I checked for drivers manually and wasn't the latest. I now have the latest drivers for it, and the inital error and the game crashes are all gone. Now if I could figure out the BSOD for the chipset driver install, all would be good.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Intel chipset drivers under windows 10 are just renaming strings of hardware, so it's not worth to update them.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    I agree to IronFly that it is not really necessary to update the chipset driver if you do not encounter any problems. I it helps, i had the same error. Smiley Happy I did a fresh install with the current one, so it works fine. Due to me recherche to this error, it's almost because of problems with the IRQ of Killer Network. So if you disable first both, the wlan and ethernet driver in device manager, it might be possible to update the chipset driver.
  • ToddMR

Tinkerer

Thank you for the help guys. Ironically I went to update the Killer network drivers and their site just comes up to a blank page the last two days.

• Killernetworking is online at the moment. But updating the driver will not solve the problem. I get even more bluescreens with the current drivers.

• ToddMR

Tinkerer

I might bite the bullet and just replace the wifi card with an Intel one then.

• Fastjhone8
    Fastjhone8 Member Posts: 50 Die Hard WiFi Icon

me too

please help me .are you have solution? please tell me

• ToddMR

Tinkerer

I didn't worry about the Intel chipset drivers and just made sure everything else was up to date. Resolved it that way.
  • Fastjhone8

is it aouto update?

• ToddMR

Tinkerer

It was between auto updates and manually installing drivers, except for the Intel chipset.

• Fastjhone8

i reseted but i installed intel chipset driver and become error. and now i have problem in my pc sounds and slow .my pc now slow i reset.please repley help me.