just got the AO1-132-C3T3, questions

Options
abacoian
abacoian Member Posts: 15 New User

I've used my acer chromebook for a few years and really like it but a few keyboard keys have been sticking and is very annoying when you write a lot. So for $159 I decided to purchase the AO1-132-C3T3 with windows 10 yesterday.

Haven't opened it yet but wondering a few things: What's the best way to not worry about viruses? On my w7 laptop I only used microsoft security essentias and was pleased with that, is there something similar and is it already installed?

Will there be programs that are not needed that I can uninstall or set to not start that can save memory?

Can it run apps like instagram or snapchat?

I appreciate any tips to help my new laptop run smoothly, thank you.

Ian

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Hello,

This is a Windows 10 system and this operating system includes anti-virus software called Windows Defender. This is a very good AV application and you can read more about it here: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/pc-security/windows-defender.aspx

There are no programs installed other than utilities that Acer includes that allow the system to function as designed. This can vary between products. If Instagram and Snapchat are compatible with Windows 10, they should work fine.

• abacoian
    abacoian Member Posts: 15 New User
    Options

thank you for the response, I returned it, decided I liked the chromebook better and looking for one that has google play