Updating BIOS of Acer 5553G with FN + ESC + Power Button

Options
roki12
roki12 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some technical problems with my Acer, which I believe are due to fail of the BIOS.

When I try to turn on my laptop I get the power button lightining, but the display is not turning on. I watched couple of videos on youtube and it seems as a common problem for Acer laptops.

However, I wasn't able to find a tutorial how to update my BIOS without having acceess to Widnows. On youtube I saw people putting files on USB sticks and holding FN + ESC + Power Button, but unfortunately on Acers support website in the BIOS files, I am only provided with an exe files - http://www.acer.nl/ac/nl/NL/content/drivers/2232;-;Aspire%205553G . Basically in the folder where the DOS files are supposed to be, there is only an .exe file, which I don't think is the right way to do it. I tried already putting it to the flash drive and holding FN + ESC + Power Button, but nothing really happened except that the power button started blinking. (I left it blinking for 30mins without any result).

I tested the RAM memory and it isnt the problem, therefore BIOS failure is my last resort for reviving this laptop.

Does anyone have any idea what is the exact procedure?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You can try to extract the .exe content with 7z

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

you probably need to extract 2 .exe file to find the BIOS .fd file but without the right file name.....it will not be easy to flash it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

The file.exe is a self-extracting file. You can extract it with 7-Zip and you'll find the bios file.

France
  • roki12
    Options
    Ok, so how can I find the right name for the fd file?
  • laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

The file.bin ---> ZH7X64.fd

France
  • roki12
    Options

Hm, when I try to run ZQ2_123.exe, it just says that the file is not found. Does that happen to you too as well? If not, is it possible to upload the files in one of the filesharing websites?

Thank you for being so helpful! It is truly appreciated!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

ROM file folder: zq2_123.bin ---> ZH7X64.fd

France