Part number for DVD writer for E5-575-54E8

Options
zzmxj5
zzmxj5 Member Posts: 10 New User

I just bought an Acer E5-575-51GG. It doesn't have a dvd/cd rw. It has the space to insert a dvd device if I remove the blank tab covering the space where the dvd goes. I see that model   E5-575-54E8 has a dvd. If I could find out the part number for this dvd I am sure it would fit my laptop. Does anyone out there know what the part number is?

Better yet, does anyone know which dvd on ebay I could buy that would fit? 

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Usually, there is NO connector where that fake disk drive space is, and you might have it, but you need to open it up and check the inside for a DVD plug after removing the fake disk drive. 

If you do find a internal plug for it, call Acer Support. Or just call Acer Support without opening it.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi zzmxj5,

If you remove the dummy ODD, do you see a SATA connector in the bottom of housing?

LT-ODD SATA connector

France
  • benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Thanks Laurent.

• zzmxj5
    Options

I have taken out the dummy DVD and the laptop has a SATA connector and a bracket. Now all I need is the dvd unit itself and a bezel. Can anyone give me a part number for the bezel and the unit itself?

I tried to fit an older 12.7mm unit into the slot but the slot was way thinner. It looks like the dvd unit should be about 9mm to 9.?mm. Does anyone know of a DVD burner that is that thin?

Thanks for any replies. 

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi zzmxj5,

Here are the part numbers of ODD modules (bracket, screws, ODD unit and bezel):

Spoiler
    33.MLQN7.001ODD.BRACKET
    86.GDEN7.001SCREW.M2.0X3.0 (Qty=2 - To fix bracket/ODD unit)
    KO.0080D.019DVD-RW.9.0MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL.SATA (Hitachi Lg Data Storage)
    KO.0080F.008DVD-RW.9.0MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL.SATA (Philips Lite on Digital Solutions)
    KO.0080F.011DVD-RW.9.0MM.TRAY.8X.W/O.BEZEL.SATA (Philips Lite on Digital Solutions)
    42.GDZN7.001ODD.BEZEL.W/BUTTON/LED.BLACK

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone.

France
  • zzmxj5
    Options

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the part numbers. These parts should fit my E5-575-51GG

• laurent_14
    Options

These parts should fit my E5-575-51GG

If this is a question, YES.Smiley Happy

PS: You should modify the title of your topic. It's ambiguous.

France