What does the Accelerometer (G-sensor) do in the Iconia one B1-780-K6C3 tablet

CharlieKo1
CharlieKo1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Iconia one 7 B1-780-K6C3 , bought from the Shopping Cahannel Canada. Is the sensor just for vertical / horizontal screen possition (portrat / landscape) or for other app. in gameing / you tube video clips ? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

I don't have your model, but with mine I was able to control my drone by tilting the tablet. I imagine there are lots of other apps that use the feature.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CharlieKo1
    CharlieKo1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had contacted Acer tech support and they said that the g- sensor in my tablet was just for screen landscape and portrait when tablet is turned, vertical or horizontal positioning. I do find that a little weird because there are a lot of games that use this function. If there is any more info on this function, please let me know.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

I bet there are free, or at least free to try, games that you could try just to verify it acts as I suspect... Wouldn't hurt to give it a try anyway!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.