Aspire One 725 stuck on "preparing automatic repair" screen at boot up. Windows 8.1

Options
Fredvolvo1
Fredvolvo1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. So I was upgrading the RAM on my Acer Aspire One 725 (from 2GB to 4GB) and after doing this I booted the laptop up as normal and it just gets stuck on a screen saying "preparing automatic repair"... it's been like this for hours.. I'm pretty sure it's just a coincendence with the RAM upgrade, right?

I've tried acesssing the recovery options with F8 and ALT+F10 but I can't seem to get onto that either, any ideas there?

Anyway.. does anyone know what this problem is and how I can go about resolving it? I'd prefer to not lose all my data of course...

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

The problem you are facing does not sound related and most likely a coincendence. I would suggest connecting the HDD to another computer to see if it boots and if it doesn't, then try saving the data using a second computer.

Getting stuck at that point usually indicates a corrupt HDD or bad HDD. After you have tried saving your data off of it, you can try reloading the HDD with recovery media. If that fails, then that would indicate a bad HDD.

This discussion has been closed.