eRecovery fails with errorcode=3

Options
kschweitzer
kschweitzer Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Aspire One D250 cannot boot.  I am trying to do a full recovery using the Acer Aspire One Factory Default Disks that I created when I originally got the system in early 2010, running Acer eRecovery Management (v7.0.11).  The program boots and works until I get into the Notice section, where it runs for a minute or so and then returns an error message "One of the services DiskPart uses returned a failure.ErrorCode=3, The system cannot find the path specified". 

Does this indicate a problem with the recovery disks themselves or a problem with the hard disk I am trying to restore to?  I thought it was a problem with the hard disk, and I got a new one and installed it, but am getting the same error.

Thanks for your help

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I can't find any specific information on this error. I recommend try formatting the drive you are attempting to install to, and creating a partition large enough to hold the operating system. If the disks still will not load, I would recommend you contact Acer support for your region to inquire about setting your unit up for service.

This discussion has been closed.