Aspire T180 won't boot and is making a beeping noise

Options
jmmcd
jmmcd Member Posts: 2 New User

My Aspire T180 will not boot at all and is making a beeping sound. The monitor does not wake up. The beeping sound is one long beep followed by two short beeps - all in approx a 1 1/2 to 2 second time span. My nephew recently finished a 2 year  Computer Science program. I had him listen over the telephone and he immediately stated "Oh! Your memory is bad!"

Any second opinions? And if it is a memory problem, is it the two DDR2 modules that need replaced, or something deeper? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

1 long, 2 short Beeps

Error Message - Failure in video system

Description - An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered.

First trye reset BIOS, pull out battery for about 5 min and put again, check if its help.

If not take out your DDR2 modules, and connect only one to slot what was empty before.

If you have update graphic card, trye use integrated one if you have on your mobo.

Answers

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

1 long, 2 short Beeps

Error Message - Failure in video system

Description - An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered.

First trye reset BIOS, pull out battery for about 5 min and put again, check if its help.

If not take out your DDR2 modules, and connect only one to slot what was empty before.

If you have update graphic card, trye use integrated one if you have on your mobo.

• jmmcd
    jmmcd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Awesome Tom85! I reset BIOS as you said, and I think that did it! I'll hook rest of system up and give it whirl. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.