Acer 5600U Touch Screen Problem

Options
jtolbert
jtolbert Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello All:

The touch screen on my Acer 5600U with Windows 8 installed seems to have stopped working. Is there a setting that toggles this feature on and off? I've search for a while now and can't seem to find it.

Any ideas? Need more info?

Best Answer

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

If you go to Acer Download page, you will be find New BIOS for Windows 8, also Firmware to fix your Touch screen.

Also i putt them here.

BIOS

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P11.A1_A_A.zip?acerid=634870909196568977&Step1=All-in-one&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205600U&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

Touch Screen Firmware

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/Firmware/Firmware_Acer_1.0.0.6_A_A.zip?acerid=634904600661779415&Step1=All-in-one&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205600U&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

This two things will help you

Answers

• drnhobson
    drnhobson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi sadly have the same problem have tried everything but no luck, i have asked acer but no reply yet. I will let you know if i find a fix.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

If you go to Acer Download page, you will be find New BIOS for Windows 8, also Firmware to fix your Touch screen.

Also i putt them here.

BIOS

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P11.A1_A_A.zip?acerid=634870909196568977&Step1=All-in-one&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205600U&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

Touch Screen Firmware

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/Firmware/Firmware_Acer_1.0.0.6_A_A.zip?acerid=634904600661779415&Step1=All-in-one&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205600U&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_27

This two things will help you

• jtolbert
    jtolbert Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Good news...this worked!!! I only updated the BIOS and after the reboot, the touch screen is up and running. I haven't updated the touch screen driver yet but will do that later. Just wanted to let the world know this worked. Just go here http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• thny
    thny Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello all,

I am having the same problem. However my 5600u is newly installed from the box and the touch screen has never worked. I have updated to the latest bios but when i try to launch the upgraded firmware for the touch screen i get stuck and the application notifies "unload device !"

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

• momsteroct43
    momsteroct43 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have an Acer a510 tablet and the touch screen is not working. I can't unlock the screen to get in to the main screen.  What can I do.  Is there a way to bypass the lock screen?

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter
    Options

One easy solution is to use a mouse as a USB receiver and that will just alleviate your suffering. but if you want to fix it, it will be very difficult. it's possible that you'll change some components on your Acer.

• MMTECH
    MMTECH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Please i need help to make touch screen work

I just upgrade to windows 8  and the only things doesn't work is touch screen

• MMTECH
    MMTECH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

I download the drivers, and I follow the instructions but didn't for me

could you please give me explanation thanks

This discussion has been closed.