AO725-0687: Wireless card question

Options
Robthepally
Robthepally Member Posts: 9 New User

I switched out the OEM wireless card and installed an Intel Centrino Ultimate N-6300 card.  The problem I'm having though is stemming from finding the third antenna wire.  The stock card only has two antenna, and I can't for the life of me find a hardware schematic of this machine to see if there is an extra.  Does anyone know if there is a third antenna on the machine to utilize better cards?

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

The machine can only take 2 wireless cables only. you cannot add the third one. However, let us bear in mind that the wireless card connects to the mainboard, and the wireless cables run from the wireless card to the lcd panel, between the lcd panel and lcd top cover. It will therefore make sense to me for get all the wireless cables from the vendor that supplies the wireless card and install it.

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

The machine can only take 2 wireless cables only. you cannot add the third one. However, let us bear in mind that the wireless card connects to the mainboard, and the wireless cables run from the wireless card to the lcd panel, between the lcd panel and lcd top cover. It will therefore make sense to me for get all the wireless cables from the vendor that supplies the wireless card and install it.

Regards,

Freeza

This discussion has been closed.