Aspire 5741 wi-fi connection won't work

Options
GoalieDad
GoalieDad Member Posts: 4 New User

I have two Aspire laptops in our house and one will connect to our wireless router and the other won't. I have tried everything I can think of. It recognizes the network is there, it just won't connect. PLEASE HELP!

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello GoalieDad, If the unit is not able to see any connections in the area then the best thing to do as a first attempt would be to try and reinstall the device driver from the Device manager. Smiley Happy if you need help with this feel free to PM me or reply to this post

• GoalieDad
    Options

It is seeing the network, it just won't connect. I reinstalled the Wireless LAN driver. Or at least I think I did. I assume that should have helped. I also pinged the wireless network and it said it was recognizing it. Appreciate your help!!

• Joshua188
    Options

well have you tried to reset the modem and the router in her home? Reset meaning to unplug and leave them unplugged for 15 seconds and plug them back in.

• GoalieDad
    Options

I have done that as well. Everything else in the house, an Acer laptop, iPhone and Blackberry, will all connect but this Aspire laptop. Imagine my frustration.

• Joshua188
    Options

Well we have all had this moment. Well if the issue remains after all of this I would think it is time to call into support. The other option would be to try a restore of the OS.

I wish you luck in the repair attempt

• GoalieDad
    Options

I hear you. Thanks for the help.

This discussion has been closed.