Aspire S7-392 keeps switching to an alternate keyboard

jscop
jscop Member Publicaciones: 5

Tinkerer

editado septiembre 2023 en Archivo del 2019
Probably because i inadvertently hit a key combination that triggers it, i sometimes find that when i type, e.g., ?, it'll show up as an alternate character such as È. The only way i can fix it is by rebooting the computer, but that's annoying. Is there a way to switch back to the "regular" keyboard without rebooting? Thanks.

Mejores respuestas

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Publicaciones: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Respuesta ✓
    jscop said:
    Probably because i inadvertently hit a key combination that triggers it, i sometimes find that when i type, e.g., ?, it'll show up as an alternate character such as È. The only way i can fix it is by rebooting the computer, but that's annoying. Is there a way to switch back to the "regular" keyboard without rebooting? Thanks.
    I guess you might have enabled the special characters on the keyboard. This can be disabled by pressing Fn + F11 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Rudy21
    Respuesta ✓
    jscop said:
    Thanks! I'll note that and try it next time it happens.
    Sure try and check if it does not work please report here

Respuestas

• Rudy21
    Respuesta ✓
    jscop said:
    I guess you might have enabled the special characters on the keyboard. This can be disabled by pressing Fn + F11 
  • jscop

Tinkerer

• Rudy21
    Respuesta ✓
    jscop said:
    Sure try and check if it does not work please report here
  • jscop

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Had to reboot the computer again. Other ideas?