Aspire e15 (e5-511-p9y3) Touchpad not working on windows8.1

Opciones
2»

Respuestas

• jayPA1979
    jayPA1979 Member Publicaciones: 1 New User
    Opciones

OK I have a question and I was wondering if anyone here can help me.  I just bought this laptop and after 2 weeks I noticed that after I shut the laptop and it goes to sleep, when I open the laptop back up the mouse/touchpad is gone and doesn't work at all.  I have to either reinstall the I/O driver or sometimes the Touchpad driver but it never lasts because right after I close the laptop and it goes to sleep the mouse is gone again.

PLEASE HELP!  I am really getting tired of reinstalling the Drivers.  This is turning out to be the worst computer purchase ever.

Thanks a lot for any help you guys can give me.

• pemstab
    pemstab Member Publicaciones: 1 New User
    Opciones

I changed the Bios mode to UEFI from Legacy..but after that windows 8.1 is not getting installed...while it was working in legacy mode but touchpad is not working

• Timbo64
    Timbo64 Member Publicaciones: 2 New User
    Opciones

Hi Everyone,

Just bought an Aspire E5 for my girlfriend for xmas......

Alas, within a few hours the brand new windows 8.1 machine has no touchpad functionality. A few phonecalls to Curry's support and I can easily get it to work through unistalling the I2C HID Device and searching new H/W....but this is unacceptable for a brand new machine. An my girlfriend isn't pleased (pressie that back fired!! thanks Acer).

Having looked at this forum, it seems that many have the same issue, and there doesn't seem a straight forward answer (i do not know how to get the Intel I/O drivers...cant find them).

It seems to me that the problem occurs when the machine hibernates...power on and off and sleep ok.

However.....I have been playing around since I noticed the error code 43 that I was getting on the I2C HID Device said something like "POWER_SET command error).

I went into the the I2C HID Driver and under the power management tab, de-selected the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" that was selected as default.

So far (early days yet) after many restarts, sleeps and a hibernation, I still have use of the touchpad.

Maybe there is a bug with the drivers coming out of hibernation and failing to switch the touchpad back on?

Can anyone else try this and confirm?

If you need to know how to access the I2C HID Device power management....let me know

• Timbo64
    Timbo64 Member Publicaciones: 2 New User
    Opciones

Hi Everyone,

Please ignore my last post....

Turned the E5 on this morning and the problem (no touchpad) is back. So it was just a red herring.

• ATULKOUNDAL619
    ATULKOUNDAL619 Member Publicaciones: 5 New User
    Opciones
    Anyone is here facing touchpad not working problem with aspire ES1 series
  • ATULKOUNDAL619
    Opciones
    Hlo guyzz whats hows everybody
  • ATULKOUNDAL619
    Opciones
    I have better solution and its quite simple for touchpad not working!!!
  • ATULKOUNDAL619
    Opciones
    I interrupted bios update ,and my (acer es1-512) laptop gets in equi position that it isn't get fully power off and nor is get on.I removed the battet plug and re-inserted it but the power on indicator light that is blue light blinking after same interval of time and the LED is black. Now what should i don that my lapy works correctly.?
  • ATULKOUNDAL619
    Opciones
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/en/profile/ATULKOUNDAL619">ATULKOUNDAL619</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I interrupted bios update ,and my (acer es1-512) laptop gets in equi position that it isn't get fully power off and nor is get on.I removed the battet plug and re-inserted it but the power on indicator light that is blue light blinking after same interval of time and the LED is black. Now what should i don that my lapy works correctly.?</div>
    </blockquote>
  • Kinking
    Kinking Member Publicaciones: 14

Tinkerer

Opciones

SOLUTION

So guys after deep research and troubleshooting I found that you need to keep notice of a few things at time of installation:

Installation Mode: UEFI (only)- LEGACY would create touchpad issues.

after installation of windows just follow the driver installation hierarchy

1.Intel NB_Chipset_M Baytrail-M 

2.Intel I/O Driver

then rest of the *****.

Note:After doing all this make sure your touchpad is active >> Fn+F7

Just wished if this solution came from an acer executive , the world would have been a better place Smiley LOL , but anyways this is what community is for.

Enjoy everyone

[edited for privacy]

Wow it worked like a miracle, I new Acer is the sole cause of this problem. I hope they update their software.
    Thanks very much, you can imagine how I feel after I thought I'll resolve to using external mouse. 
    Thanks again pal 👍😊😊