BIOS updated to v1.22, makes my keyboard light turns off after few seconds even while plugged.

Options
JCanhear
JCanhear Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just updated my Predator helios 300 144hz to BIOS v1.22..it makes my keyboard backlight shuts off after few seconds. Can i set it to always on? 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Some users have already complained about this problem! There is a bug in this version of bios! I suggest you wait for a new bios update to fix the keyboard problem and do not try to downgrade it, because the bios downgrade, in my opinion, is a lot more risky than the bios update itself!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

Update it article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,
    Acer-Manny 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Some users have already complained about this problem! There is a bug in this version of bios! I suggest you wait for a new bios update to fix the keyboard problem and do not try to downgrade it, because the bios downgrade, in my opinion, is a lot more risky than the bios update itself!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JCanhear
    edited December 2018
    Options
    i see.. so all i have to do for now is to wait for another  BIOS update..

Thank you for your swift reply.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are Welcome!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JCanhear
    Options
    is this the only bug/problem we have for this update? tnx
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I honestly do not know how to tell you! Users only reported this problem so far!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Acer is leaving all users without any clue about bios. They are useless putting descriptions of what any update does, and that issue where bios unlock its advanced options from time to time... it makes the device feels much riskier to update than an expensive device should be in 2018.
    Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• JaanamAlag
    JaanamAlag Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I am experiencing frames drop to after the bios update to 1.22 reinstalled windows but the problem still presists. Fan speed is high on normal use, asked to turn on keyboard backlit permanently. Now its turns off while charging btoo
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried upgrading the nvidia driver to version 417.35 and uninstalling the geforce experience?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ney10
    Ney10 Member Posts: 103 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I think the problem is it's getting to charging mode then every 15seconds it turns to battery mode. I have this issue right now.
  • todythedoby
    todythedoby Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    been like one month since that faulty BIOS upgrade still no fix about it.....and no response at all....they said it's not their fault..lmao
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

Note: This thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Acer-Manny

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

Update it article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903

Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.