How can I do a clean install of Windows 10?
Do not use the Microsoft Media Creation tool if your system has Intel Optane memory installed. If your system is configured with Intel Optane memory, please contact Acer support for assistance ordering recovery media.
Microsoft offers the ability to create your own Windows 10 installation media in case you want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. This media will include all files for Windows 10 installation, but will not include all software that was preinstalled on your Acer computer. If you want to create media that includes Acer preinstalled software and drivers, you can .
- On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
- Download the media creation tool and run the program once it is downloaded.
- Select Create installation media for another PC.
- Choose your language and the version of Windows you want to install (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Follow the onscreen steps to create your media.