How can I keep Windows 10 from automatically updating drivers?
Windows 10 automatically installs operating system and driver updates by default. This can sometimes cause hardware to stop working properly. You can disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10 using the instructions below:
- Hold down the Windows () key and press the letter X.
- Click System in the menu that appears.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Installation Settings.
- Click "No, let me choose what to do."
- Click "Never install driver software from Windows Update."
- Click Save Changes.