How do I remove a hard drive password on my Windows computer?
Use the following steps to remove a hard drive password that you know. If you do not know your hard drive password, please contact Acer support.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to completely power off your computer.
- Power on your computer and press F2 or Delete to enter the BIOS.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight Security or BIOS Security Features tab.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Set HDD Password or Change HDD Password depending on your model.
- Press Enter.
- Type your current Password, then press Enter.
- For the new password leave it blank, then press Enter twice. Press Enter to continue.
- Press F10, then Enter to exit and save changes.