How can I install non-digitally signed drivers in Windows 8?
Windows 8 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled so non-digitally signed drivers can be installed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
- Press the Windows () key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
- Select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings
- Select General, and then scroll down and click on Restart Now under Advanced Startup.
- Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and then select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to Disable driver signature enforcement.
Once the computer restarts you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers for that Windows session. If you restart the computer again the driver signature enforcement will be enabled. You can repeat the above steps at any time you need to disable this feature.