How do I restore Windows with a USB Recovery Drive?
Your Acer computer allows you to create a USB recovery drive to restore your Windows operating system if you encounter problems. You can also order a recovery drive from the Acer accessory store if you are unable to create one. Use the following steps to restore you computer to factory defaults with a USB Recovery Drive.
- Power your computer off.
- Connect the USB Recovery Drive to a USB connector on your computer.
- Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS
- From the BIOS, use your arrow keys to move and highlight the Boot menu.
- In the Boot list make sure that the first device is the USB HDD followed by a model name.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight your USB HDD and press F6 to move it to the top of the list.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Exit menu at the top of your screen.
- Press Enter on the Exit Saving Changes option and Enter again to confirm changes.
- Select your language.
- Click on Troubleshoot, then Reset your PC.
- Click Next, then select your version of Windows.
- Select the No, keep the existing partitions.
- Choose the option Just remove my files.
- Click Reset.
- Once the system restarts into the Recovery screen, remove your USB drive.
- Click Continue to exit and boot into Windows.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to progress through the first time setup.