You can setup an education theme in Windows 11 to allow students to personalize their wallpaper, accent colors, and more. A personalized device can give students a greater sense of ownership of the product, which means they are much more likely to take good care of it. Read below to learn how to enable education themes and change theme settings for a Windows 11 computer.
How to enable education theme using a Microsoft Intune custom policy
- Go to the Microsoft Intune admin center website at https://devicemanagement.portal.azure.com/#home
- Click on Devices, then select Configuration profiles and then Create profile.
- Click on Select Platform and then select Windows 10 and later and Profile type.
- Click on Templates and select Custom.
- Select Create, choose a name and description, then click on Next.
- By OMA-URI enter: ./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Education/EnableEduThemes
- By Data type, enter Integer.
- By Value, enter 1 and click on Next.
- Assign the policy to a security group with your chosen members and click on Next.
- Locate Applicability rules and click on Next.
- After reviewing the policy configuration, click on Create. The device will now download educational themes as soon as a user signs into the device.
How to change themes in Windows 11
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙
- Click on Personalization and select Themes.
- Click on Select a theme.