The screen on your Windows 11 device is designed to turn off automatically if there is no activity on your computer. Although this feature is helpful for conserving battery life, it can be frustrating to come back to a locked computer after stepping away for a bit.
In the Windows 11 screen settings, you have the option to change the timeout duration from one minute to five hours, or disable the feature altogether. Use the instructions below to modify your screen and sleep settings in Windows 11.
How to change the Windows 11 screen timeout settings with power settings
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙.
- Click on Power & battery.
- Click on Screen and sleep.
- Choose your desired settings and close the windows to save the changes.
How to change the Windows 11 screen timeout settings with Control Panel
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Power Options.
- Click on Choose when to turn off the display or Change when the computer sleeps.
- Choose your desired settings and click on Save changes.