Having too many programs set to launch during startup can cause your computer to lag and become slow, as each program consumes valuable system resources. This can result in a frustrating experience as you wait for your computer to boot up, and may even impact your productivity.
Fortunately, changing the startup programs in Windows 11 is a simple process that can help speed up your system and improve overall performance. Use the instructions below to manage startup programs.
How to change your Windows 11 startup programs
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙.
- Click on Apps in the sidebar and select Startup.
- Next to each app, switch the toggle button to On or Off according to your preference.
How to disable startup apps with Task Manager
- Launch Task Manager using one of the methods below:
- Right-click Start ⊞ and select Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- To turn off an app, right-click it and select Disable. It will say Disabled next to the app when it is turned off.
- Close Task Manager.