Setting data limits can help you manage your data usage on your computer. This is particularly helpful if you rely on a mobile hotspot or live in a region where internet service providers charge based on monthly data usage or set limits on data usage.
By setting data limits, you can ensure that you do not exceed your allocated data or incur additional charges. Activities like gaming, streaming video, or downloading large files can quickly consume your data allowance, especially if you have a limited data plan.
If you want to prevent the overuse of data, you can set up a data limiter in your Windows 11 settings. Read below to learn how to make data usage limited.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙.
- Click on Network & Internet and select Data usage.
- Select Wi-Fi or Ethernet from the drop-down menu next to Enter data limit.
- Select Enter Limit and in the pop-up window, select the data limit you want to set (e.g. 1 GB). You can also choose whether you want the limit to be a one-time limit or a monthly limit.
- Click on Save to apply the data limit.