Acer products that are preinstalled with Windows 11 will automatically activate the operating system once the computer is connected to the internet. Your Windows activation key is stored in the BIOS and will work to activate Windows for that computer only.
There may be some scenarios where activation errors can occur. If you encounter an activation error, perform the steps below.
How to check Windows 11 Activation Status
- Restart your computer.
- Connect to the internet.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings⚙.
- Click on Update & Security, then select Activation.
- Check to see if Windows is activated.
If Windows is still not activated, attempt the steps below.
How to rearm Windows Key Management Service
- Type CMD in the search box and select Run as administrator.
- Type slmgr -rearm and press Enter. You should see a message that says "command completed successfully."
- Restart your computer and check your activation status.