Device usage is a personalization setting that lets Windows 11 know how you plan to use your device. Based on your settings, you might be offered Windows tips, personalized ads, and app suggestions.
This can help you discover more functions and get increased functionality out of Windows 11. For those who do not need extra recommendations or find them intrusive, you can turn individual types of usage on or off.
Read below to learn about Device Usage functions and how to enable or disable them.
How to access Device usage
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙.
- Click on Personalization and select Device usage.
- Turn usage settings on or off by checking or unchecking the box next to each option.
Device usage options
- Gaming: Receive updates about new releases, Xbox Game Pass trials and app and site suggestions
- Family: Set up a family group, edit safety settings and create individual profiles
- Creativity: Receive various creativity suggestions for Videos, photos and other options
- School: Note, Essay and collaboration support on OneDrive
- Entertainment: Suggestions for apps, websites, videos and social media
- Business: Tools for running your business and suggestions for Business 365