What is Focus Assist?
Focus Assist is a new Windows 11 feature that replaces Quiet Hours in Windows 10. You can use Focus Assist to silence notifications when you do not want to be distracted while you are working, playing a game or on a call. When you want notifications silenced, you can choose a variety of customized options to suit your personal needs. Read below to learn how to silence notifications in Windows 11.
The fastest way to open Focus Assist is via Quick Settings.
- Press Windows + A to open Quick Settings.
- Click the Focus Assist icon to toggle between Off, Priority only and Alarms only.
For more advanced options such as Priority List and Automatic Rules, open Focus assist via Settings.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows + I to quickly open Settings.
- Open System and select Focus Assist.
- To choose which notifications you want to receive, can choose between Off, Priority Only and Alarms only.
The priority list allows you to choose options such as Show incoming calls and Show reminders. The People section allows you to prioritize contacts with select Microsoft apps, such as Mail and Skype.
In Automatic Rules you can set each of the various rules to Off, Priority Only and Alarms only for the following items:
- During these times
- When I’m duplicating a display
- When I’m playing a game
- When I’m using an app on full screen mode.