How to link my Phone to my PC?
If you have an Android phone, the link phone to PC function allows you to make calls, receive photos, see and receive text messages and manage notifications directly on your computer. This process involves setting up the Phone Link app, which comes preinstalled on all Windows 11 PCs, installing the Link to Windows on your Android phone, and linking the two. Follow the steps below to learn how to connect your Android phone to your PC.
- A Windows 11 PC with Bluetooth
- An Android phone with Android 7 or later OS
- Have your phone and Bluetooth On and within Bluetooth range of your PC
Step 1: Open and setup the Phone Link app on your Computer
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows + I to quickly open Settings.
- Click Bluetooth and devices and select Your Phone to open the Phone Link app.
- Click Get started, confirm the Microsoft account you wish you use and select Continue.
Step 2: Open and setup the Link to Windows app on your Android Phone
- Open Google Play and download the Link to Windows app if it is not already installed. If it is installed, open the app and press Update if prompted.
- Tap Link your phone and PC.
- On your computer, check the pop-up box that says I have the link to Windows app ready, then click the button for Pair with QR code.
- On your Phone, tap Continue and give permission to take pictures and record video.
Step 3: Scan the QR code and connect your phone to your PC
- Scan the QR code with your phone.
- Click Continue on the message stating that the devices are paired.
- Grant the relevant permissions that the app asks for. You can choose to deny or allow background refresh.
- On your computer, click Continue and then click Get Started.