You may want to increase or decrease your screen brightness depending on the lighting conditions where you are using your computer. You may also want to decrease your brightness to save on battery power. Changing screen brightness on Windows 11 is very easy and can be done using several different methods. In this article, we will show you 4 different methods for how to change brightness on Windows 11.
How to Change Brightness Using Quick Settings Icons
- Press Windows + A to open Quick Settings Icons.
- Drag the Brightness Slider left or right to adjust the brightness.
How to Change Brightness Using Shortcut Keys
- Decrease brightness - Hold down the Fn key and the left arrow (FN+◂) to decrease the brightness.
- Increase brightness - Hold down the Fn key and the left arrow (FN+▸) to decrease the brightness.
How to Change Brightness Using Settings
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows + I to quickly open Settings.
- Click System and then Display.
- Find the Brightness and Color section and drag the slider to adjust your brightness.
How to Change Brightness Using Battery Saver
- Press Win + A to open the Quick Panel.
- Click the Battery Saver icon.
- Windows will automatically dim the screen the save power.