In Windows 11, you have the option to choose a password or a four-digit pin to log into your PC. If you set a PIN, you will still need to use a password for certain administrative functions. Read on to find out how to change your password in Windows 11.
How to change your password in Windows 11
- Click Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows + I to quickly open Settings.
- Navigate Accounts > Sign-In Options.
- Click Passwords to expand and Select the Change button.
- Type your current password and click Next.
- Enter your new password in the “New Password” field.
- Enter your password again in the “Confirm Password” field.
- Set a password hint in the “Password Hint” field then click Next.
- Click Finish to confirm your password change.
How to change your computer PIN
- Click the Start ⊞ and select Settings ⚙, or use Windows + I to quickly open Settings.
- Click on Sign-in Options.
- Select PIN (Windows Hello) to expand and then click on the Change Pin button.
- Enter your current PIN, then enter your new PIN in the fields below.
- Click OK to change your computer pin.
How to change your password for Microsoft Account (linked to PC)
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security.
- Click change my password.
- Type your Microsoft email address or phone number and click Next.
- Use your phone number or recovery account to verify.
- After verification, you can Change your password in Windows.
Note: If you do not remember your password, you can reset it at https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.