If you have ever downloaded a file from the internet, you are probably already familiar with the “Downloads” folder. It is the folder where Windows groups all your downloaded files. While most people do not change the default location of the downloads folder, Windows 11 does give you the option to change it.
This article will teach you how to change the default download location in Windows 11.
How to Change the Default Download Location?
- Open File Explorer using the Windows + E shortcut.
- Right-click the Downloads folder and select Properties.
- In the Downloads Properties interface, switch to the “Location” Tab and click on the Move button to pick a new path for saving all your downloads.
- From the file picker interface, navigate to the new folder for downloads and click on Select Folder.
- Back in the Downloads Properties interface click Apply to confirm the changes.
Windows will now urge you to move all downloaded files to the new downloads folder. If you want to keep all your downloads together click Yes.
How to restore the old location for downloads?
- Go into the Location tab of Downloads Properties interface
- Click on the Restore default button and use “<username>\Downloads” as the default download location in Windows 11.