If you forgot your Wi-Fi password, you can find it by checking another Windows PC that is successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network. After you find the password, you can use it on other PCs or devices to connect to your Wi-Fi. This can be done using Windows 10 or Windows 11.
How to find your Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 or Windows 11
- On a Windows PC that is already connected to your Wi-Fi network, go to your Network and Sharing Center, which varies slightly between Windows 10 and Windows 11:
- On Windows 11, select the Start button, type control panel, then select Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name. This should be the same network used by another Windows PC that is connected.
- In the Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In the Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, and then select the Show characters check box. Your Wi-Fi password will be displayed in the Network security box.
- On another Windows PC, connect to your Wi-Fi, and enter the password you found with the steps above.