How do I change the background picture in Windows 11?
You can personalize your desktop background in Windows 11 to show a picture, solid color or slideshow. Use the instructions below to change your background settings.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings⚙.
- Click on Personalization in the menu on the left.
- In the Personalization menu, click on Background. You now see a preview of the current background.
- Use the dropdown menu next to Personalize your background to set your background to:
- Picture (default): a photo or image
- Solid color: a standard color or custom color
- Slideshow: pictures in an album of choice
- In this section, you can also make any further required and/or desired adjustments to your background settings. Changes are shown in the preview screen on the top of the page.