How can I configure Windows to save files to the hard drive instead of the SSD?
Microsoft has announced Window 11 will be released to the public this October. The Windows 10 instructions below are being provided as reference only until the final user interface of Windows 11 is revealed.
Windows 11 is configured by default to save files to the drive that the operating system is installed on. This can cause your drive to fill up with data and reduce the free space on that drive. Windows 11 allows you to change the locations of operating system folders like Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and Music. Once you change the folder locations, new files saved to this folder, will be saved in the new location. Use the steps below to change the default folder locations in Windows 11:
- Click the Windows key and choose File Explorer.
- Right-click the folder you want to change, then select Properties.
- Click the Location tab.
- Click Move, then choose the new location of the folder. On Acer systems with two hard drives, you will most likely want to choose
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes when prompted to automatically move all files to the new location.
- Click OK once all of the files have been copied.
Win11, Win 11, Windows11, Next, backup, data, back up