Can I switch out of Windows 11 Home in S mode to install apps that are not offered in the Microsoft Store?
Windows 11 in S mode helps keep your device secure by only allowing verified Microsoft Store Applications to be installed. You can switch out of S mode if you want to install programs or applications that are not offered in the Microsoft store. You will not be able to go back to Windows 11 in S mode once you have switched out of s mode.
Use the steps below to switch your system out of S mode.
- Click on Start ⊞ and select Settings⚙.
- Click on System from the left menu.
- Scroll down and select Activation.
- In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section, select Go to the Store.
- Click on the Get button to install.