Why is there no sound when I connect my computer to my TV via HDMI?
If you are not getting any sound when you connect your computer to an HDMI display, you may need to change the setting for the playback device. Use the instructions below to select the HDMI source as the default audio device.
- Press the Windows () key + X at the same time.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Select Manage Audio Devices.
- Select your HDMI device and click Set Default.
- Click Ok to save your changes. The Sound should now play through the HDMI device you have connected to your computer.