Why does my system show 7 GB of Reserved Storage space?
Windows 10 version 1903 has a new feature that reserves approximately 7 GB of hard drive space to help with large Windows updates. You will not be able to save data to this reserved storage space. Some users with smaller capacity drives may want to disable this feature. Although Acer does not recommend disabling this reserved storage space, it is possible using the steps below.
Note: To enable the reserved storage again, follow the instructions above and change the value of ShippedWithReserves to 1.
- Press the Windows () key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \CurrentVersion\ReserveManager.
- Locate ShippedWithReserves on the right-side panel, double click it and set the value to 0.
- Close the registry editor and restart your system.